Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Let your breakfast be a poem.


“Enchant, stay beautiful and graceful, but do this, eat well. Bring the same consideration to the preparation of your food as you devote to your appearance. Let your dinner be a poem, like your dress.” - Charles Pierre Monselet


Most of the time I really like to keep my breakfast routine simple but sometimes I decide to drop my daily green smoothie and oatmeal and begin my day with a poem right away - Like I did today with some fresh green juice and a delicious fruit salad.

Juice:
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 pear
- A thick slice of ginger 
- Juice of 1/2 lemon



As I am just a student and more of a beginner when it comes to introducing lots of living foods into my diet who just recently got a new mixer, I cannot afford a good juicer at the same time as well. However, I wouldn't let anything stop me from juicing! This is how it can be done my way:
Blend the ingredients with about a glass of water (depends on how strong you like your juice) then pour them through a cheesecloth or milk bag (or something alike) and make sure to get all the good juice out there!
It's amazing to see how much water indeed the ingredients contained. Not much more than 1 Tbs fiber is left!



For the fruit salad I took two small bananas and an apple, mixed with flax seeds and ground earth almond. The dressing is made of some red basil leaves, a couple of frozen raspberries, lime juice and bourbon vanilla powder, topped with coconut flakes. It definitely rhymes with each other.

 




How does your breakfast routine look like? :)





9 comments:

  1. Apetyczne te Twoje smakołyki.
    Też tak postępuję z blendowaniem, po zblendowaniu cedzę przez sitko, żeby nie było grudek z listków. Ewentualnie blenduję odcedzone jeszcze raz np. z awokadem lub bananem, one się blendują na gładko, a dodają super gładkosć, kolor i smak.

    Powodzenia Emi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wyprobuje! :)
      Do zielonych szejkow ktorych nie cedze wcale zawsze dodaje awokado lub banana bo kocham wlasnie ta kremowa konsystencje.

      Delete
  2. Zapomniałam - bardzo podoba mi się tytuł -
    "Let your breakfast be a poem".

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, super entscheidung!! :D lg

    ReplyDelete
  4. ogladam te fotki i mysle "okej.. sok, sałatka a to trzecie hmm margarita???? :D haha

    ReplyDelete