Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shake ya shake but watch yourself.



There's one thing you should know about me right away. I'm a shakeaholic and I shake shake shake a lot. I guess everybody has that something they love most in their living foods diet lifestyle and for me it's defo the shakes. 

Mostly, I would grab some berries (frozen ones during winter) and blend them with some almond milk, a banana and add some acai and vanilla powder. I simply love adding the vanilla everywhere!


One of my favorites:
- Rasberries
- Banana
- Almond milk
- Acai powder (about 1 tsp)
- Vanilla!

And I know, fruit shouldn't be mixed with other foods than greens and actually I'm pretty good at avoiding doing so but sorry.. I don't regret any of my shake. ;)

Also, it's funny how much I started to love my almond milk. I remember those days when being a teenager, hiding Pringles cans and chocolate bars under my blanket so that my "absolutelyoverlycrazyesotericnutrition mum" would not see them, she would occasionally offer me a glass of the milk which she made daily for herself and my younger brothers. Every time she did that, rebellion-me refused to even look at it. Who would know that almost ten years later I would turn into the absolutelycrazy.. whatever myself and start to milk almonds? First I made small portions and would drink it every here and then. Now I soak a pack of almonds every few days and literally crave it. In shakes, as chocolate milk, in my oatmeal, just like that, sweetened with some dates, sieved, unsieved, mixed with hazelnut milk, warmed with cinnamon, mixed with coconut flakes.. there's barely a day in my life without one portion of almond milk. I even think I have to grab myself a glass just. right. now. 

2 comments:

  1. wyglada pysznie, a wyobrazam sobie, ze smakuje jeszcze lepiej ;) tak jak Ty staram sie unikac połaczenia owoce-orzechy, ale czasem sie nie da ;) no coz... kazdy grzeszy ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A i tak jest to lepszy i pyszniejszy grzech niz byle jaki kupny shake! :)

      Delete